Resident Engineer (m/w/d)
The Resident Systems Engineer provides the technical interface between our customer and engineering team. The Resident Systems Engineer will travel to the customer’s development center, understands the customer’s requirements, and makes sure that our product meets them. Summary The Resident Systems Engineer provides the technical interface between our customer and the engineering team. The Resident Systems Engineer will travel to the customer’s development center, understands the customer’s requirements, and makes sure that our product meets them.
Support customer in all technical issues related to the camera: Update ECU software at customer engineering facilities and plants using CAN or LIN based programming tools. Troubleshoot bench and assembly plant issues related to our products.
• Perform systems validation of our products: Test ECU at customer bench and in customer vehicles. Validate that our product functions and performs to customer requirements. Write detailed defect reports of any anomalies found; defects have to be sufficiently precise and include data (e.g. CAN traces & video recordings) to allow effective problem resolution. Act as a “first pass filter” to identify duplicate defects and defects outside of the scope of the system (e.g. separate defects from change requests).
• Understand and document customer requirements using a requirements management tool. Manage and negotiate customer requirements, change requests, and unwritten expectations. This task may include translation of customer requirements into English.
• Create and maintain project documentation: - System requirements specification - System test plan - Customer change requests - Other documents, as needed
• Support Creations of - 8D reports - Open issue list - Timing plan - Other documents, as needed
• Perform work assignments as a highly competent engineer, requiring independent design, implantation and testing of the components.
• Work assignments primarily involve intermediate through advanced level work, moving toward complete technical competency and mastery of the field. • Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
• Maintains regular attendance.
• Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
• Complies with the requirements of Quality Operating System (QOS)
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or computer science (Master’s Preferred) • 4-8 years relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) in serial development. Automotive electronic (mandatory)
Professional BacSkilled mediator: Always keeps the customer’s interested in mind and drives to find win-win solutions that address customer’s needs and help us staying within budget and timing.
• Self-Motivated: Thrives on bringing structure to an unstructured task.
• Works independently without direct supervision.
• Can effectively prioritize work to best address project needs.
• Hands-on approach: Finds out exact nature of a defect / tries to replicate reported defects by testing on bench and in vehicle. kground & Experience:
• Working knowledge in structured engineering approach
• working knowledge of configuration management (preferably PTC/MKS), project monitoring and control techniques • troubleshooting and debugging skills • knowledge of structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or techniques • Key Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) – as applicable
• Review CSR via SharePoint
• Able to work effectively in a global environment.
• Able to represent technical design topics internally and externally
• Able to demonstrate self-motivation, tenacity, and determination (these skills are very useful in this position)
• Able to work independently with little to no supervision
• Knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel)
• CANoe, CANalyzer or similar network analysis/simulation products
• OEM diagnostic tools (e.g. FCA CDA, VW VAG/ODIS)
• Comprehensive knowledge of English (verbal and written)
• For positions located in non-English speaking locations, knowledge of the local working language is an asset, e.g. German
• Advanced knowledge (verbal &written) of local language required.
Travel Frequency & Destinations:
Most of the time on site at customer